Some days I am just too lazy to put together several dishes for dinner at home, but I also don’t feel like eating out. That is why I always keep a few easy ingredients around the house for day like this so I can put together a quick and easy dinner. In this post, I am sharing my easy Chili (Stew with spices) recipe with you.
Ground meat (beef, pork, turkey)
1 pack of Simple Organic Mild Chili spice mix
1 15 oz can of chili beans
1 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
1 brown onion, diced/chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
1. Heat up the pot. Cook thoroughly the meat.
2. Drain the fat and juice. Return the meat to the pot.
3. Add chopped onion and garlic, stir for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the whole can of chili beans and the whole can of diced tomatoes. Combine.
5. Add the spice mix and give a quick stir.
6. When it boils, turn the heat to simmer. Simmer for 15-30 minutes, depending how thick you like your chili.
7. Optional: Add salt and ground pepper to taste.
8. Optional: Add chopped spring onion and shredded cheese.
I like to have my chili with some white rice.
Watch the video below for the step by step instructions.