When I was at 99 Ranch Market this morning and I saw the bag of bean sprouts was on sale for 99 cents. Then I thought, may be I will make “Char Kway Teow” for dinner tonight. Also grabbed a bag of the flat rice noodles from the shelf and I went to pay for my items.
Here is a video of me cooking this dish. It is easy and fast to cook. Although it is fast to cook, but may take some time to prepare the ingredients. The flat rice noodle need to be separated individually so it is not sticking to each other. This way to make sure that each noodle will absorb the secret sauce and expose to the heat on the wok.
- Vegetable oil (1 tablespoon)
- Preserved turnip (1/2 to 1 teaspoon)
- Minced garlic (1 to 2 teaspoons)
- Chinese wax sausage (sliced)
- Flat rice noodle
- Secret sauce (oyster sauce, soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, white pepper, sugar)
- Sambal Oelek (if using, to your taste)
- Bean sprouts
- Soy sauce to taste
Here is the link to the Char Kuey Teow Recipe at Rasa Malaysia.0